I am a sucker for berries if that means going far to get them. Here in Kolkata, strawberries are almost over as its summer.
So I went to this wholesale market a few days back as I knew if there was any chance of finding some berries it was this place. And as I was crossing one of the shops, I saw a box of strawberries, I knew I had to buy them. I asked the fruit seller if he had any other boxes of them, he replied: ” No this is the last box he had for today”. IKR!! Can’t get any luckier.
- Start by sifting all your dry ingredients, and ensure that everything is at room temperature*.
- First, start by creaming your butter and sugar for good 4-5minutes
- Then add in your mashed banana with vanilla and soymilk.
- You can use two free-range eggs instead of mashed banana in this recipe, also you can skip soy milk if you are using eggs.
- Mix until everything is well combined
- Add in the cream cheese, mix well.
- Then add the sifted flour with salt and baking powder in batches and never at once.
- also, never over mix the batter. don’t worry about the consistency of the batter
Grease the loaf tin and line it with baking paper, well I didn’t do a pretty job at lining it.
Bake at 180c for 45-50mins or until the skewer comes out clean.
- FOR THE BREAD
- A.P FLOUR - 2cups / 240g
- Baking powder - 2tsp
- Salt - 1/2tsp
- Butter - 1stick / 113grams
- Caster Sugar - 1cup / 200grams
- Mashed banana - 1medium (mashed)
- Vanilla essence - 1tsp
- Cream cheese - 1/2cup / 120grams
- Soy Milk - 50gram / 1/2cup
- Fresh strawberries - 1cup (cut into cubes)
- Icing sugar - 1cup / 120g
- strawberry syrup - 1tsp
- water/milk/cream - 2tbsp
- thyme sprigs - 1 or 2
1. Start with sifting your dry ingredients
2. Cream butter with sugar for good 4-5mins, then add in mashed banana.
3. Then add in vanilla essence and give it a good mix also add the soymilk, cream cheese and give it a good mix.
4. Add in your sifted dry ingredients, in batches
5. Bake at 180c fan or 350F for 45-50minutes or until skewer comes out clean in an 9 inch loaf pan
GLAZE - sift your icing sugar, combine other ingredients and mix well, until a smooth glaze is not formed.
Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.