Galettes are one of my favourite things to make, also one of the easiest. And every time I buy a stone fruit one of the very first ideas are of making a galette, and that’s why do read the whole recipe of this peach galette.
This is the only dessert that I have made at least five times since last year. But this is the first time I am putting out a recipe for it, lazy me!!
So the galette dough is the same as pie dough, and I have written a detailed post on how to make one, check it out here – pie dough
Roll the dough out, and ensure the thickness of the dough is even from all the sides. Ensure the dough is in a circular shape like a disc, it’s fine if it’s a little out of shape but don’t roll out a square.
FOR THE PEACH FILLING
After pitting the peaches, slice them and add all the ingredients mentioned below in the list. Mix it well and leave it in the fridge for 45min-1hr, or until they become soft.
Place the peaches carefully, and leave around two inches gap, so that the galette dough can be folded over. Keep it back into the fridge for ten minutes.
Take the pastry out and brush the top with egg wash or milk and sprinkle some sugar on it.
Bake the galette in a preheated oven for 40-45min at 180C. Once baked let the galette cool down for an hour, and then enjoy with a delicious scoop of ice-cream or just like that.
- A.P flour - 155g or 1cup&1/4cup
- Cold butter -113g or 1 stick
- Chilled water - 3-4tbsp
- Caster sugar - 1.5tbsp
- Salt - 1/2tsp
- Peaches (pitted) - 4-5
- lime juice - half a lime
- icing sugar - 3-4tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1tsp
- Corn flour - 3tbsp
- Start by combining all the dry ingredients, ensure that your butter is cut into small cubes and is chilled and your water is ice cold
- Put all the butter in flour and start breaking down the butter into the flour using a fork, or by hand. this would take about 10mins.
- You could see the colour of dough changing to pale yellow, there would be small patches of butter but most of them would be combined with the flour.
- Add in the water, and just combine the dough. Dont knead it.
- take the dough out on a well dusted countertop with flour, and bring it together, divide the dough into two halves. One for the bottom and other for the top.
- Flatten it out a little and cover it with a cling wrap and put in the fridge for about an hour or two.
- Take the dough out start rolling it out, roll it in the shape of a circular disc. it doesn't need to be a perfect circle.
- The size would be around 10-12 inches, place the peaches carefully. Use your creativity.
- Once done, eggwash/milk the sides and sprinkle raw sugar on top. And place it back into the fridge for 10mins.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180c for 45-50min or until you see the juices bubbling. take it out and let it cool for some time.